Once you export a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file from either Outlook, Linkedin, your Mac Address Book or any other program/website, you can upload them easily, securely, and seamlessly to your give2gether account (STEP 2 below).
This MAY look intimidating at first, but it is not. Just follow these step-by-step without skipping, and you should be good to go
NOTE: give2gether will not send your contacts any e-mail without your permission.
STEP 1: How to Export Contacts to a CSV File
Follow this step-by-step "how to" clip on you tube, and then come back.
- Once you open your contacts file in Excel, delete any irrelevant columns such as Middle Name, Job etc., so that you have just three columns: First Name, Last Name, E-Mail Address.
- Make sure the CSV file has a header row. Do NOT delete columns names. The 3 columns should be First Name, Last Name, E-Mail Address.
- Delete any contacts that don’t have an email addresses, and Save.
If you are done, skip to STEP 2 below.
Make sure you remember where you saved your CSV file.
From a Mac Address Book
- Go to your Address Book and choose all your contacts
- Drag all contacts to your desktop.
This will create one vCard file w all your contacts
Next, Go to this conversion tool.
- Upload the vCard file you saved using the exact settings displayed below.
- Click "Convert". This will save the CSV file with all your contacts to your download folder.
- Make sure the CSV file has a header row. Delete any irrelevant columns such as Middle Name, Job etc., so that you have just three columns: First Name, Last Name, E-Mail Address.
STEP 2: How to upload your CSV contacts file
To send an email to your contacts, you need to upload the CSV file to your give2gether account.
- First, go to your personal give2getehr fundraising page and sign in (link at the very top right)
- Click on “invite”. Any contacts you might have added already will appear here in your give2gether account. To add more contacts at any time, click on the “Add Contacts” button.
- A window will open with various options of how to add contacts. Under Upload Address Book, click “Other”, and upload your CSV file.
Congratulations! Your email addresses are now ready and you can pick a template, add a personal note of your own, and send to your friends!
To do that, you can simply follow the 1-2-3 “How to Send Invitations to Your Email Contacts”.